This week brought forward some new information about Pokemon Sun and Moon, including new Pokemon, features, and version exclusives! Without further ado, let’s see what more Sun and Moon have to offer before the next official announcement:
- Passimian is a Fighting-type Teamwork Pokemon, and appears to be the rugby monkey from the Chinese leak. It is exclusive to Pokemon Sun, and has a new ability called Receiver. As the name entails, Passimian can inherit the ability of an ally Pokemon that faints in battle.
- Oranguru is a Normal/Psychic-type Sage Pokemon, and can learn the new move Instruct, which allows the selected target to use its most recent move again. Oranguru is exclusive to Pokemon Moon.
- Lycanroc, the English name for Rugarugan, is confirmed to have both a Midday and Midnight Form. The Midday Form is pure Rock, and is exclusive to Sun. Its official description explains that Lycanroc evolves due to “Solgaleo’s influence.” Could this imply that our starters, which supposedly share the same secret, have a version-exclusive split evolutionary line as a result of the legendaries’ influence? And could this be one of the recurring conflicts in the titles? Accelerock is a new move that only Midday Form Lycanroc can learn, and always strikes first.
- Midnight Form is also pure Rock, and, similarly, evolves due to Lunala’s influence. It learns Counter when it evolves from Rockruff, which is an unchanged move from past generations.
- Trainer Customization has been officially confirmed! In Alola, players can not only change their character’s clothing, but their hairstyle, and eye color. Trainers can even remove their hats. New to the series are dyes that can be acquired to change the look of clothing.
- Pokemon Refresh is the new and improved Pokemon-Amie feature from Pokemon X and Y. Pokemon can now be cleaned and fed Poke Beans, which increases the chance of curing status conditions or evoiding attacks in battle.
- More exclusive Z-Moves have been announced. Catastropika is an exclusive Z-Move to Pikachu, where it wraps itself in high-voltage electric power and inflicts damage upon the opposing Pokemon. Extreme Evoboost is Eevee‘s exclusive Z-Move, which gathers all of its evolutions together to increase all stats by 2. This confirms the presence of both physical and special Z-Moves.
- Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter have both been delayed to early 2017, but serve the same function. Pokemon Bank allows you to transfer any Pokemon games from Generation VI to the new titles, while Pokemon Transporter will allow you to send Pokemon from the Virtual Console versions of Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow.
- There will be a new National Pokedex feature with the update to Pokemon Bank, so you can monitor your progress for catching ’em all even if they are not found in the Alola region.
Our next news dump is set to occur on October 4th at 6:00am Pacific Time, followed by one final issue of CoroCoro before the games are released! Until then, stay tuned to Pika News Network for additional updates and speculation articles.